Explorer Post 106
Now recruiting ages 14-20
Work with deputies
Law Enforcement Training
Meetings held every Thursday, 5:30PM - 7:30PM
The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office Explorer Post 106 has been around for well over a decade. They participate in exciting real life scenarios and work with actual officers in the field and classroom exercises. In addition, the Explorers attend yearly competitions where they compete with other Explorer posts throughout the nation for recognition and awards. All of their work and training prepares them for their future in Law Enforcement, and allows them to be eligible for scholarships. As they learn and become more familiar with the field of law enforcement, they may wish to begin the application process for a position with a law enforcement agency. Several former Rutherford County Sheriff's Office Explorer post graduates have gone on to further their career in law enforcements agencies across the state of Tennessee.
Vechicle Searches, Drugs, Etc.
Laws - Traffic, Criminal, & Juv.
Defensive Tactics,br/> Report Writing
Crime in Progress
Traffic Accident Investigation
Emergency Vehicle Operations
DUI Road Blocks
How to Join
1. Admission into the post must be initiated by application. Apply Online!
2. Applications must be a minimum of 14 years old, but not over 20.
3. Applications will be reviewed by the records division.
4. Applicants must have the desire and time to perform duties.
5. All applicants are given equal consideration.
6. Applications are placed on a probationary period of 3-6 months.
7. A "C" average must be maintained in school.
Deputy Andy Pugh